This core training module is designed for persons whose work will involve the construction, renewal, enhancement and modification of OLE in accordance with design drawings and specifications.
The aim of the course is to develop the person’s ability to carry out construction, renewal, enhancement, and modification of OLE in accordance with design drawings and specifications.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel-recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card and meet the requirements of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety.
- Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Specification NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs & Alcohol) must be met.
- Have completed the OLEC 2 training course, been assessed competent in OLEC 2 and have gathered sufficient evidence of undertaking a range of basic OLE construction activities under direction; Or
- Possess sufficient validated experience in lieu of formal OLEC 2 training, in which case they must undergo and pass the OLEC 2 theory assessment (administered by an approved training provider).