PS (Possession Support)
This course provides delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge to enable them to undertake Possession Support duties in-line with the Possession Support unit of competence.
Throughout the duration of this course, delegates will learn how to:
- Identify the tasks required to be undertaken by Possession Support.
- Carry out the duties and behaviours and demonstrate the procedures to be carried out for the safe placing and removal of possession protection.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course. An update to the candidate’s Sentinel card, showing PS competence, will be applied for.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard. NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements Level 1.
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs and Alcohol) must be met.
- Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/L2/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS and IWA or COSS.
- The candidate cannot hold a blue circle or red triangle on their Sentinel Card.