IWA (Individual Working Alone)
This course provides delegates with the knowledge and confidence to work alone on Network Rail’s infrastructure. This course also covers PTS re-certification.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be able to work alone on Network Rail’s infrastructure, in accordance with industry standards.
- Carry out re-certification of the delegate’s existing PTS competence
- Enable suitably qualified staff to carry out the duties of an Individual Working Alone as set out in HB6, HB7, HB8, HB9 and HB13, the Rule Book GE/RT8000 series and competence requirements of NR/L2/CTM/021 and NR/L2/OHS/019.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course. An update to the candidate’s Sentinel card, showing IWA competence, will be applied for.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard. NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs and Alcohol) must be met.
- Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/S/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
- It is the responsibility of delegates’ Local Manager to decide upon their suitability to attend this course, in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021-Competence and Training in Track Safety.
Initial: 4 days