DCCR (Working Near or Adjacent to DC Conductor Rails)
This course is designed to train persons who are required to work near or adjacent to DC conductor rails.
It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
To provide the delegates with the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Before this training a person shall have attended and successfully completed the Personal Track Safety (PTS) course.
- Must be a minimum age of 16.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs and Alcohol) must be met.
- Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/L2/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
Successful completion of the course will lead to the issue of a Network Rail Sentinel card showing PTS DCCR competency, which will remain valid for a further 2 years.
DCCR Initial and Re-Cert: One day, usually as an immediate follow-on from the PTS Initial or Re-Cert course.