AP: Authorised Person
This course is designed to train Level B (Authorised) persons who are responsible for working under direction of the Level A (Nominated) Person to achieve isolations on AC OLE in their daily work.
It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills in the areas of these competences.
To instruct delegates how to determine and fulfil their role and responsibilities when undertaking Level B (Authorised) person duties.
This course is designed to ensure delegates are fully aware of the dangers that can arise in the course of Level B (Authorised) person’s duties.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel-recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Minimum age of 18.
- Possess adequate written and verbal communication skills in English, to a level necessary to avoid danger.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card and meet the requirements of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety.
- Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Specification NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs & Alcohol) must be met.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS AC competence.
- Must have had at least three month’s workplace experience in an OLE Maintenance team or had relevant experience in an OLE Construction team.
- Must have completed the First Aid for Electrical Accidents course and hold current certification.