SPICOP: Senior Person in Charge of Possession
This course is designed to train persons who have been nominated by their line manager/sponsor to enable them to attain the Senior Person in Charge of Possession (PICOP) competence.
The SPICOP competence is required to be held by anyone who is required to set up and manage a possession for the purpose of undertaking engineering works on the rail infrastructure and includes the management of multiple train movements within a possession.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Senior Person in Charge of Possession duties in line with the Senior Person in Charge of Possession unit of competence.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel-recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard. NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs and Alcohol) must be met.
- Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/L2/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS and IWA or COSS (not probationary).
- It is the responsibility of the delegates’ Local Manager to decide upon their suitability to attend this course, in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety.