ES (Engineering Supervisor)
This course is designed to train persons who have been nominated by their sponsor to enable them to attain the Engineering Supervisor (ES) competence.
The ES competence is required to be held by anyone who is required to set up and manage a worksite within an engineering possession on the rail infrastructure under the direction of a Person in Charge of a Possession (PICOP). This includes the management of on- and off-tracking On-Track Plant (OTP) and train movements within the worksite.
The ES course will take delegates through the procedures as set out in the Rule Book and Handbooks 12 (Duties of the ES) and 13 (Duties of the Person In Charge of the Siding).
The course includes the importance of using the correct communication protocols and adopting the appropriate behaviours to be able to carry out this role safely and effectively.
The aims are to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake ES duties in line with the ES unit of competence.
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is required to be in charge of a worksite within a possession.
- Establish, maintain and give up worksites and authorise the movement of trains into or within the worksite.
Delegates will be awarded with a Sentinel recognised certificate upon successful completion of this course. An update to the candidate’s Sentinel card, showing ES competence, will be applied for.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements.
- In addition, the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00120 (Drugs and Alcohol) must be met.
- Must have sufficient command of English language, and of the English language as detailed in Network Rail Company Specification NR/L2/CTM/021 (Competence & Training in Track Safety).
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS (not under learning support), and full IWA or COSS (not probationary).
Initial: 2 days
Re-Cert: 1 day